Saturday 7 September 2013

Not Melon Mambo

I honestly don't hate any of our gorgeous Stampin' up colours. I mean they are all such beautiful shades, but there are a few which aren't my favourite, go to colours. Melon Mambo has to be one of them, I'm afraid.

So when I was a bit stuck for what cards to make for my upcoming class, my lovely friend and fellow Downline, Brenda, offered to set me a colour challenge. She said, "Out of all these colours, which one do you dislike the most?" I should have known what was coming when I said, "Ummm, would have to be Melon Mambo" Well guess what colour I was given to use...

So I had to make a card using Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette (which is my favourite pink I think) and I could only choose one other colour, which had to be Early Espresso. I have to admit that I really enjoyed the challenge (thanks Brenda xx ) and I do actually love the card I made.


I love how the "A thousand thanks" phrase is inked up once and then stamped repeatedly up the card until we reach the top, with the colour just getting lighter and lighter.

And how cute are those little butterflies floating around the flowers. I love the Butterfly Embosslits, so quick and easy to make, just a matter of popping it in Mr Big and then done!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredient

Ink: Melon Mambo and Pink Pirouette
Cardstock: Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette and Whisper White
Stamps: Lots of Thank, Everything Eleanor and Too Kind
Other: Butterfly Embosslits and Rhinestones

No comments :

Post a Comment