Thursday 5 February 2015

Love is like a Sheltering Tree

So I can now finally share the card I made and sent overseas to my In-laws. They have had a bit of a rough time since retiring 12 months ago and even though it's been touch and go, it looks like they are pulling through and winning the battle with cancer.

They had so many dreams of what they would do when they retired, picnic's in the park, long fishing trips and bike rides in the country. All where put on hold, when my father in-law discovered he had cancer.

I wanted to send them a card just to say I'm thinking of them and hope that some day soon, they will be able to pick up where they left off and the little bikes in the Sheltering Tree stamp set just really made me think of them:


Does it feel like a beautiful summers day? In the set the sentiment actually says "Friendship is a sheltering tree" but I didn't feel that that was right for this card. So I used my marvelous markers and inked up the word "love" from another set with the same font and stamped that first. Next I inked up the sentiment from Sheltering Tree's but left the "Friendship" word out... BINGO!! Love is a sheltering tree!!

Oh and all gorgeous cards should come dressed in a beautiful envelop if you ask me:


Remember to pop on over to my STORE to see what other stamps are in the Sheltering Tree set and don't forget to check out the Weekly Deals too!!

Have Fun,
Chlo

Ingredients
Stamps: Sheltering Tree and Good Greetings (R)
Ink: Pistachio Pudding, Blushing Bride, Real Red, Pacific Point, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede, Memento Ink and Mossy Meadow
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mossy Meadow and Soft Suede

No comments :

Post a Comment