Friday 10 March 2017

TGIF Sketch Challenge #98 - High Tide

Happy Friday guys and welcome to an awesome sketch challenge from the TGIF team. This week the team and I have been working on show casing a really fun sketch.
My card for this week is maybe a bit of a stretch on the original design. I do like to male cards that are tall and skinny and so I decided to actually turn the sketch onto it's side.
I really do love this new stamp set called High Tide. It's perfect for both male and female cards and the sentiments are so heartfelt. I also love the font and style of them too... Ok, so I am a little smitten with this set. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it carry's over into the new Annual Catalogue.

I really enjoy layering all the different stamps in the set to design a picture or separate elements. This time around I decided to stamp my lighthouse in Real Red, but it looks just as amazing in blues, greens or neutrals.

The other little element I want to share with you, is how I added a slight highlight to the top of each beam of light. I stamped the three beams in So Saffron, and then I reinked the beam a second time, in So Saffron again but using just the edge of the ink pad. After stamping it again in the same place over the top of the original, it adds the darker layer. Pretty neat trick!

Now, it's over to you guys. I'm so excited to see what you make with this weeks sketch and don't forget to look in on the other DT's designs too.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo


Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment