Friday 25 August 2017

TGIF #122 Watercolour Technique Challenge - Fabulous Flamingo

Thank goodness it's Friday and to be extra thankful we have a fabulous challenge with the TGIF design team and today we are watercolouring.
 https://tgifchallenges.blogspot.com/2017/07/tgifc122-technique-challenge-watercolor.html
I love to watercolour and even though I wouldn't say I'm a natural I do think over the years I've gotten a little better. It really is practice that makes perfect in this case.


The main think that I have learnt is watercolouring needs more then one layer. And what I mean is that once you've added your first "coat" you need to allow it to dry a little before adding more colour. This way you get that sort of tide mark effect, with swirls of lighter and darker colour.

I decided to use the Fabulous Flamingo stamp set again for this card as I really do love how it looks, plus I hadn't actually made a pink flamingo creation yet... which is obviously their normal colour.

I really do love to add a die cut sentiments, the Congrats is cut from our beautiful copper foil and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see a few more thinlit sentiments in the next few catalogues. I still miss the ones that were retired recently.

So what are you plans for this weekend?? I hope you find time for a little bit of crafting in your day and remember, you can head on over to my store, which is open 24hrs 7 days a week and have your goodies delivered to you anywhere in Australia.

Happy Crafting,
Chlo

Product List 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment